Recovering from the Retreat

7:59 PM Edit This 5 Comments »
Last weekend saw a bunch of go to the Scrapbook City Retreat. It was 3 nights of scrapping, eating (oh...the food), laughing and having fun. I was in the same room as last year....Room 20 with the SBC forum girls....who are alll so lovely and we always have a great time. On Friday night we had the annual dress up. This years theme was movie characters. We had a red carpet event. Room 20 decided to go as the Wizard of Oz. Niss was dorothy, I was the scarecrow, Jen was the tinman, Sue was the cowardly lion, Ronnie was the wicked witch of the west, Jo was Glinda the good witch, Debbie was a munchkin from the lollipo guild, Carole & Milly were the flying monkeys and Meg was the yellow brick road.


The team from SBC went as Austin Powers etc, we also had Marilyn Monroe, and the pink ladies & T-birds from Grease. I was a tonne of fun.



With working fulltime and trying to do this Uni Course (which is proving to be extremely hard), I haven't had as much time to scrap as I would like. So at the retreat I decided to concentrate on makng some mini books or albums. The plan is to have a cane basket on my coffee table full of these little albums. I suceeded in making 4 complete albums and a good start on the 5th. We also did a lovely 8x8inch album, a 3D layout by the lovely Carole Janson, and started a really special 7 gypsies revoloving ATC album (I'll put pics of these up as I get them finished).


This is an acrylic album I made of my wedding photos. I was a bit nervous about starting this as you have to so careful that it looks good on both sides of the page as they are see through. I really wanted to keep it delicate and really show off that it is clear. I was happy with the past results and entered it in Jen's fundraising competition she was having to raise money for her neice who is only young and has liver cancer. I ended up winning and received alovely pack of Kaiser products and a tote bag.





This little album I made to show of my first lot of dotees dolls that I made.

This is a little album I made using some papers from Kaiser. The bird on the cover page was cut using the new accucut that SBC has. I was addicted to using this giant diecut machine and also this bird shape. I cut it out of chipboard, bazzill and then cut it out of some laminating sheets. It is a great machine and will get a heap of use out of it as I joined the club.... which means I can use it anytime I want to at the store.... will come in handy for making Christmas presents.


Before I went to the retreat I did some shopping from http://www.etsy.com/ I am really keen to start making some fabric page books and art dolls so bought a few items to use. They arrived this week.



Now I can't wait to get on top of all this uni work I have to do soI can get creating with these new goodies. I have so many ideas in my head and things I want to make..... makes me regret agreeing to do the course this year....I suppose it will be worth it in the end but I think I'll have a minor breakdown before I finish.

That's all for this extra long post. I've still got a heap more things to talk about, but they will have to wait until another time as I'm pretty tired now and hanging out to hop into bed.


5 comments:

Dot said...

What a wonderful post Terri! Sounds like you had a great time at the Scrapbook retreat. Love the dress-up photo's :)

Sounds like life is very busy for you right now. I think you are a incredible person to do the course, work full time and be a mum too.

Your goodies from Etsy (I shop there a lot too) are wonderful!

Love the albums you created. Giggled at the Dotee doll one :)

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. And get some relaxation time.

Dot xx

Jo said...

I had so much fun at the retreat. Glad to see that you did too.

Now the countdown begins for next year!

Brendy xx said...

Your album is gorgeous and glad I got to see it IRL.... Very delicate and beautiful for wedding photos.... I love your other albums and having them on display on your coffee table for everyone to see is a great idea :)
The retreat was fantastic, and you guys looked awesome! Great costumes by everyone.
Take Care
Brenda

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hi. have you put the prize package to good use

Anonymous said...

I wish you had not put up those photos of the buttons. I don't NEED to buy them but I sure want to lol