Some New Dotee Dolls

10:57 AM Edit This 4 Comments »

Well I've been busy making some new dotee dolls.  They are just so addictive and so fast to make so they are really good therapy when I'm a bit stressed.

 IMG_3422 IMG_3423

This is a fairy dotee I've made for a swap-bot swap.

Below is a close up of the bead detail on her head (this is my favourite part of making these dolls)

IMG_3431

I've also made a dotee for another swapbot swap.... 'a dotee for my daughter'.  My partners daughter gave me a complicated list of likes including:- monkeys; crazy patterns; chopsticks & the letter 'M'.  So This is what I came up with.  I hope she likes it.  It's going in the post to a place called Dry Ridge in the USA.

IMG_3420

I hope she likes this little monkey dotee.

IMG_3421

I started to make this dotee for my sister-in-law but have fallen in love with the colour combo so am keeping this for me and will make her a purple on as she loves that colour.

IMG_3429

I started to then get a bit creative and experimented with my own shape of doll.  Below is an eggy-doll that I created.

IMG_3419 

I love the shape of this doll and had fun sewing the beads around the perimeter.

And big new this week is that my son, Brady started work at McDonalds.  he really enjoyed it and has been rostered on for a few shifts this week already.  He's really looking forward to having his own money although the rule is that he has to save half of his pay each week.

IMG_3415

He hates having his photo taken so I was pretty lucky to get this shot of him in his uniform. (Now I'm starting to feel old).

Well that's all from me at the moment.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Love the Dotee Dolls. Brady looks handsome in his uniform (yep I reckon I feel old too - you're younger than me!)

Anonymous said...

Just popping by to say HI. I don't know how you manage everything. scrapping, working full time, stitchery, uni, sewing. I obviously waste a heck of a lot of time doing nothing lol

Dot said...

Your Dotee dolls are gorgeous! And I adore the egg shaped one (sooo cute).

Brady looks very grown up and handsome in his photo.

niss said...

Terri, i hope you dont mind, but i have joined Swapbot too, and one of the girls to help me get a rating has asked if i wanted to to a dotee doll swap, and i jumped at the chance...so i have made my first one. And yes they are sooo addictive, once again i hope you dont mind!