Neglect = My Blog

1:30 PM Edit This 10 Comments »
Well since I've been pretty neglectful of this blog I thought I would spruce it up with a new colour scheme & banner. Do you like it? These are my favourite colour combo at the moment and are the same colours of my craft studio.

Since Uni is on break I have been enjoying haveing free time to do what I want. I started off by redoing my craft studio, cleaning out all the stuff I've accumulated over the years, rearranging my organisation & having designated work stations. I'm pretty happy with the results and just love spending time in there. The colours are bright and make me feel happy. I really want to replace the green chair with a red one but will have to wait until I have more time and money to make a trip to Ikea.





I've also made my very first matyroshka doll. It is from a pattern created by Maize Hutton. I have always admired Dot's versions of these dolls so spent a lovely afternoon creating one just for me. I really enjoy adding the beading to these little dolls..... it's my favourite part.



I've also made a cupcake Dotee doll for a swap-bot swap. Hasn't turned out exactly as I wanted but I think she still looks cute.

Another swap I'm in is for dotee ATC cards. Here is my first one. Had fun making this and am planning on making a heap of different fabric ATC's card to go on a 7 gypsies ATC rolodex I got at a retreat this year. I already have one for paper ATC's so thought I'd make a fabric version to sit on my coffee table.

I've also found a renewed love of stitcheries and have been designing some new ones. No pictures yet, but will take some soon. I started a pattern business a couple of years ago and had moderate success with it but due to work and family commitments couldn't put the time into it that it required. I know my dad is disappointed that I didn't continue with it then. However, I decided to take a break this year while I attend uni and am planning to relaunch it next year. So will have a new name and web page when it happens.

I also found an online site where I can get mini buttons a lot cheaper than I've been buying them for at Spotlight. Here is the order that I received the other day. I know I bought a lot but I just couldn't help myself.... they are so yummy aren't they.


Well that's enough from me today. I am planning to blog more frequently.... i know that I've said it beore but this time I mean it.... I know I've said that before as well but I really, really mean it this time.

Terri xx

10 comments:

Ritobear said...

Your room is so neat and organized! I wish mine was. I'm getting there lol. The dotees are adorable, too!

GRACE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GRACE said...

Hi Teeyore
Just popping by to say HI. I love those little dollies you made. I must ask Mama J to make me some. Oh heck I will just pinch her's (don't tell her though)

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri,
I see Grace has pinched my computer again. Worst thing I could of done - teacching her to type- Love the little dolls. I have made 4 so far but not as good as yours and Nisses. Anyway I will try and update my blog soon that is if I can get the computer away from Grace

niss said...

love LOVE LOVE your matryoshka dolls, i have one to make too for a swap!, the blog looks awesome as does your room...i really should do mine!! congrats on your exam results too x x x

Katie said...

Love the new look blog Terri! This is one of my fave colour combos too!

Sue's Blog said...

Wow Terri you have been busy in your break. Congratulations on your results, all the hard work paid off. Your room looks great, so organised. I love your dolls they are so cute. I have finally updated my blog but haven't attempted the dolls yet. See you soon

Scrap Ronnie said...

Congrats on Uni!! and love the new blog. and i am so in love with the maty-thingy doll!! it is just so beautiful!!!!

Dot said...

What a wonderful post Terri! I adore your Matryoshka dolls. You really have an eye for color. I am like you ; the beading is my favorite part too.

He hee - love your cupcake dotee and Dotee ATC.

And what a wonderful button stash! I can never get enough of teeny buttons. Where did you buy them online?

Your creative room looks wonderful - you are very organised!

Dot said...

Oh - and I forgot to say congratulations on your exam results. That is fantastic!