Update on Benson

7:44 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
I mentioned in the previous post that I was taking my dog Benson to the vet. Well the vet wasn't too sure about the lump on his foot, but thought that it is most likely cancer. She thought it might pay to get it cut off and amputate part of his paw.....all for $1000.00. But she also said that if it was cancer it would have spread throughout his whole body by now.

As the lump isn't causing him any concern at all and the fact that he is quite old and may not survive the anaesthetic we decided to do nothing for now, but just to watch it. If he was in any pain or wasn't able to walk properly we would do it.

I'm off shopping with a friend today. As I have had this week off from work I've had the redecorating bug and have been rearranging all the furniture in the house (much to Mark's annoyance). I bought some vases, candles, lampshades and a new rug yesterday and now want to find something nice to put in the centre of the dining table.

I've also been sewing but haven't taken photos yet....I'll do that today and post them later tonight.

Terri xx

1 comments:

Dot said...

Hi Terri

Just popping in to see what you have been up to. Have been wondering how Benson went at the vet.

I am glad that the lump is not causing him any pain. And it sounds like you have made the right decision for him right now. You are a great children and doggie mama. Very caring.

Like the idea of your rearranging furniture and buying new things. It always gives you a lift doesn't it? I like doing that too!

Especially in Spring.

Now I am off to read your other post!

Take care

Dot xx